ARTUS is designed to offer several unique features:
- Cuff adjusted to the minimum force required to achieve continence and thus minimizing the stress on the urethra, with possibility to automatically or via the remote control increasing the force on the urethra when practicing sport, or decreasing said force when relaxing or sleeping.
- Designed to treat male and female suffering from urinary incontinence with design and geometry adapted to each anatomy.
- Especially indicated in female patients with minimally intrusive cuff and transmission designs to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Improved QoL for the patient and caregiver: The Patient Remote Control enables the urethra to be easily opened via a single button and wireless communication, negating the need for difficult to handle subcutaneous pumps in the labia or scrotum.
- Can be used in patient with impaired mobility (stroke, Parkinson, multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, spinal cord lesion).
- The Doctor interface enables the physician to adjust the cuff diameter postsurgically and also provides information on the battery status and general condition of the device. Thus, adjustments to the device can be made with no additional surgery.